I'm going to post some of my better posts from my Myspace Blog to start this one up. Don't worry, fresh material will be coming out of the oven soon.
"Stuff and Nonsense"
I haven't posted on a blog in quite some time! But here are some random thoughts:
- RIP Joe Kennedy, Casey Calvert, and Sean Taylor. All guys in their 20's dying for no good reason. I'm especially interested in the results for why Kennedy and Calvert died because, as a 26 year old myself, I want to know if I need to be aware of any harmful conditions out there.
- I've been to a lot of weddings recently. They've all been fun and I wish every couple nothing but the best! I've also played "Perfect for Me" at three weddings now. Each performance was very special (and a little different) and I am honored to have been involved.
- I love the Beatles.
- I also love Flight of the Conchords. Those guys are hilarious.
- There are times during the day when I put on "Training Montage" from Rocky IV to get my focus back. 60% of the time it works every time.
- Devin Hester is the best return man ever to have played American football.
- It is easy to break the habit of working out every day when you have a lot going on. It is also easy to participate in my high school alumni basketball game out of shape and not play well.
- After not living with my friend Sean for almost six months, I've learned that I enjoyed living with him a lot. However, I do watch a lot less of ESPNews.
- Carnivale is the best TV show ever.
- Macs are better than PCs. By a lot.
- I'm writing this blog on a PC. Go figure.
- Occasionally, the legal system benefits people who do not deserve the help. It also can work against good and decent people.
- Unlimited money does NOT buy you happiness. Though a little extra cash in your pocket does feel good.
- Honesty goes further than you might think...
- I love comedians with wit and confidence. I hate comedians that swear to make up for the fact that they are not funny.
- Bob Dylan writes great lyrics.
- The National could be the most underrated band I've ever heard.
- College Football should be more interesting than it is.
- Chicago is a great city.
- If you are a musician that plays similar music to me; it is not necessary to do acoustic rap covers. It's not original anymore. I promise.
- If you attend any smaller concerts and throw out a request, don't badger the musician if they don't KNOW how to play the song you want to hear. Trust me, the musician can't call Tank outside the Matrix and ask for a program to learn how to play that Steve Miller Band song your drunkass wants to hear.
- Anytime you pick up tickets at Will Call, have your picture ID ready. It helps everyone.
- Red, red wine is better than white wine.
- Rockstar and vodka is a really fun drink when used for the forces of good.
- I have a pain in my neck that won't go away. It's not a metaphor. It's a real pain.
- Playing on stage is the most fun I've ever had.