Ouch. My bad for taking a break. I start to write a few good posts and then take a vacation- that's no good! Where was I? Well, not on a real vacation, but I did work the last two nights at Tegan and Sara and Death Cab for Cutie. Both were sold out. Both were pretty cool. Here are some random notes since my last post:
- I'm ready to say it... this better not jinx anything... I believe the Cubs are a good baseball team. 14-6 to start the season is a pretty good start. They have had more home games than away games, but so far the offense has the most runs in the majors (besides the D'Backs?) and the back end of the bullpen looks great. I want more from Rich Hill and Ted Lilly, but overall I'm pleased.
- Do the Bengals need Ocho Cinco that bad? The Redskins insane owner and Tom Cruise lover, Daniel Snyder offered a 1st round pick this year, and a 3rd rounder next year for Chad Johnson. If I'm the Bengals, I have to take the deal. I mean, the Raiders only got a 4th rounder for Randy Moss. Instead, Cincinnati is holding a grudge and not trading him, thus depriving us of funny touchdown dances and the ever-popular "You got burned by 85" board on his locker.
- The NBA playoffs have started, and to be honest, I don't really care that much. I watched parts of a few games, but I'm not as into it without the Bulls (or Kings or Warriors) in it.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber night on American Idol doesn't interest me. I have no problem with the musicals, but I just don't dig them. I'm also still pissed that Michael Johns got voted off. I had that guy pegged to win it all and he got upset like a 2 seed in the first round of the NCAA tournament. This is the first year I've actually watched the show and I'm just about over it.
- The A's are in first place. What?!
- I had a sore throat last week and canceled a recording session. Nothing bothers me more than canceling recording. Instead I went home and rested. It was not as fun. The new album is coming along nicely though. Updates to follow in the coming weeks.
- I saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" this weekend and it is a great movie! I totally recommend it. It is a funny, well-made movie. It's more accessible than Superbad and rivals 40-year-old Virgin for the best Apatow produced movie.
- Lost is coming back this week. Totally stoked for it. I have a feeling that the final 5 episodes will be very solid.
That's all for now- happy hump day.