Well, now that it's 2009 I'm trying to organize my thoughts for the new year. Here are some things that are going on in the upcoming year:
- TV Shows - There's already been a glut of TV shows coming back to the air. Scrubs has been pretty good (and I love the double episode action.) Flight of the Conchords is coming back on Sunday (if I'm pissed off at work, I'll throw on some FOTC and I can't stay in a bad mood for too long.) And of course, my favorite show, Lost, returns a week from today (is Doc Brown going to show up or what?) My one request is that they cancel Heroes. My fiance and I will end up watching that crap if it comes on in the hopes that it will get better- but it has been garbage for two seasons now (waaaaay worse in season three.) It's like a horse with a broken leg- unfixable.
- Baseball Season - As a Chicago fan, the Bears choked (your WELCOME Eagles fans) and the Bulls are on their way to an under .500, possible 8 seed in the East. I never thought I'd see the day where the Cubs are the crown jewel of Chicagoland, but that days is here (easy there Blackhawks fans- I know they're young and good, but they got destroyed by the Red Wings on New Years' and aren't quite there yet.) I was telling my fiance about how the Cubs signed Milton Bradley, and she asked, "Did his mom know what she was doing when she named him?" Fair question. Does anyone she intentionally named her kid after the board game company? It's not as bad as naming your kid "ESPN" or something, but c'mon. And by the way, how dominant of a name-combo were Milton Bradley and Coco Crisp when they were on the Indians? They sound like the ideal play day for a group of 7 year olds.
- More Music - I know I keep mentioning this so-called new album that I'm working on- and it is coming- but I want to make sure it is really good. I'll also keep playing shows here and there, but I think I maxed out this past year (102 shows!) and can't do much more on a solo capacity. Now, any musicians in the Sacramento area can feel free to email me if they want to start a band. I'm thinking of a Beatles/Wilco/Radiohead/Crowded House/Killers type band. Inquire within.
- A New Computer - My hard drive crashed, so I got a new hard drive to repair the old computer and bought a new one for good measure. You have to be prepared these days- where would we be with Google, Sports Updates, and Adult Content?
- Just do this:
1. Go to Google
2. Type in: Find Chuck Norris
3. Press the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button
- Economic Rebound - Call me an optimist, but the economy is going to have to bound back. The downturn forces people to get creative and create new products and markets. And hey, if it doesn't happen, you're looking at some awesome depressing music (we might find the next Nirvana!)
- A Terrible Superbowl - I don't know if I can watch a Cardinals/Ravens Superbowl. Seriously, I can't think of a worse match-up. Steelers/Eagles would be ideal at this point, so I guess I'll hope for that.
As you can see, it's going to be an interesting year. Happy '09...