I'm braindead today, and I'm going to attempt a showing at the gym momentarily so here are a few random thoughts to keep my blog alive... barely:
- The phrase "Do you have the time?" is obsolete. Just about everyone has a cell phone, so everyone knows the time. Not to mention clocks are everyone. There's a clock on my computer, on my TV, on the aforementioned cell phone, and in just about every public establishment I can think of. If someone asks you for the time, tell them it must 1996 since they don't have a cell phone. You probably didn't want to talk with them anyway.
- Gray GAP shirts are bad luck? I've bought the SAME gray t-shirt from the GAP twice. In both instances, I put the shirt on for the first time and the shirt was ruined. The first shirt has a puncture in it from my newly acquired kitten. The second, I got today, and had a dirty knife slide off the table at dinner and fall directly onto the shirt. I'm trying to "Shout the stain out" but we'll see if I have luck. I'm beyond mad about this.
- People often ask me how long it takes to write a song. Some songs take weeks, months, or years to finish. Others, like one today, take (I kid you not) 5 minutes. It just spilled out. I love it when that happens.
- One of my main issues with the Bible is the lack of dinosaurs. I feel like Genesis would be a lot more fun to read with Velociraptors or T-Rexes running around.
- Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said that he's relieved Joe Mauer's injury is "just trying to get him back on the field, rather than him dying." Is that being a little overdramatic? The last thing I need is my number 1 fantasy pick dying on me! Seriously though, that would actually be my second fantasy baseball player to die over the years- I had Darryl Kile on my team when he passed away.
- No Lost on tonight! Don't start this again! The worst season was Season 2 when they were on and off showing episodes with no deciphered pattern. They were either trying to create a metaphor for the show, or more likely stalling us out! I actually like shows like Family Guy less because I can't figure out the new episode schedule (I'm pretty sure Family Guy is the absolute worst- they'll throw one new episode at you, then take 3 or 4 weeks off at a time.)
- St. Mary's got T'ed up for dunking in warm-ups the other night. Didn't you guys learn in high school not to dunk in warm-ups? I mean, really. There's no time in your life that it has been ok, so why try it in the WCC Championship game? It doesn't make sense. Obviously the 1-0 Gonzaga lead to start the game made no difference as St. Mary's was drilled by 25.
- I'm going to leash train my kitten. Seriously. If you thought a guy walking a tiny poddle was hilarious- then look out for me with my cat!
Ok, time for the gym. Catch you later.