My adventures from the weekend:
- I went to the A's game then out in Berkeley for my buddy Adam's bachelor party. The A's lost 5-4, but the game was a great time. After many adult beverages in the parking lot, we went inside and played Mound Ball. Surprisingly I've never played before, but here's the gist of it: everyone puts in a dollar, the first person holds all the money. If the ump throws the ball and it lands on all dirt, the person holding the money wins. If it is touching any grass, everyone puts in another dollar and the pot gets bigger. I won a solid $32 in the eighth inning- excellent.
- Alfonso Soriano is a savage. He hits the ball ridiculously hard. The homer he hit to win the game on Saturday was one of the sweetest looking home runs I've ever seen.
- Kevin Gregg should lose his job as the closer. He's somewhat responsible for both Cubs' losses, and I still don't get why Carlos Marmol didn't get a promotion after being such a dominant set up guy last year. Marmol has better numbers than Gregg, and doesn't wear weird shield glasses.
If you have not seen Reed Johnson's play to rob Price Fielder of a Grand Slam- you have to see it! I've made it easy for you- it's here:
- My fantasy team won this week. They are awesome and ready to do more damage. I hear Ichiro and Joe Mauer are on the fast track back from the DL...
- The Padres are in first place? What the hell?
- Margot and the Nuclear So & So's are an amazing band. If you have never heard of them, at least check them out and see if they are for you. Easily the best band I've heard in awhile.
- The band Phoenix is a close second. Check them out too.
That's about it. I hope you all had a great weekend, it always ends too quickly.