I'm sure this will be controversial, but here are my top ten favorite comedy movies. Once again, I'm probably missing a few classics, and I could be just not as familiar with some greats, but feel free to make suggestions in the comment area- I'm always down with watching great movies.
10. The Hammer - I loved Adam Carolla's radio show, and still listen to his podcast most of the time. The dude is funny. He wrote and starred in this movie about a has-been boxer that was working construction before he gets an opportunity to possibly make it to the Olympics. One of the best scenes is him listening to his iPod and jumping rope- he thinks he looks a lot cooler than he is- that's an understatement.
9. Caddyshack - Between Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, and that rascally gopher this movie is hilarious. I have to be honest, I'm not as familiar with this movie versus the other movies on the list, so this may jump up the top ten in years to come- who knows?
8. Billy Madison - STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN! Adam Sandler going back to school to battle the weasel Eric for the Madison hotel empire. Chris Farley makes a great cameo as the bus driver, stripping quizmaster, and lover of the penguin. What doesn't this movie have?
7. Forgetting Sarah Marshall - People have told me I look like Jason Segel. I'm not sure I see it, but I think they mean it as a compliment. Either way, this movie is pretty damn funny with Jason Segel, Paul Rudd as the stoner surf instructor, and Russell Brand as rock star Albus Snow. When Brand sings "Inside You" to the rest of the resort I almost peed my pants- then thought it might be a funny song to play (I ultimately passed.) It also makes me feel calm given the tropical environment.
6. Tropic Thunder - Speaking of tropical, this spoof of a war/actors taking themselves too seriously movie has Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey, Jr. in the jungle thinking they're making a movie when in fact that are in the heart of darkness. Amazing cameos by Tom Cruise and Kenny Powers himself, Danny McBride help this movie excel. Downey, Jr. really does steal the show. Best line in the movie: "I'm a lead-farmer motherf***er!"
So there's the first half, we'll get to the next 5 manana...