Well, since I already recapped my Friday night, I'll press on with the rest of the weekend's shenanigans:
- My fantasy team is 6-0! I thought I didn't have enough pop in my lineup- turns out I was completely wrong. Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Gonzales, Joe Mauer, Brian Roberts, Carl Crawford, Ryan Braun, and Ichiro have all been beasts. Jake Peavy dropped a phenomenal start on the Reds on Sunday to seal the deal.
- I went to see Margot and the Nuclear So & So's in SF at the Great American Music Hall Saturday night. I went with my fiance and we met up with my high school buddy to catch a great show. I will say, it was not a life changing show. The lead singer, Richard Edwards, had lost his voice and was visibly bothered by it. I commend him on powering through the show, and not canceling. I know firsthand what it is like to go through a show without my voice in tiptop shape- and believe me, it sucks. I very much like how they arranged the songs for the live stage, and Great American Music Hall is a fantastic venue to see a show. Overall, a fun night.
- Immediately upon leaving the show, however, the realization at we were in the "Tenderloin" area of SF was blunt. There was a bum who clearly had no concept of time or aging say to us, "Hey teenagers! You know what I could really use? A cigarette!" We continued walking and noticed the people 30 feet ahead of us almost get hit by a water balloon from the top of a ten story building. We ran under an overhang to escape the marksmen (or women? I didn't see their faces.) We then were out of a very ghetto corner next to a couple strip clubs and a few "massage parlors" trying to call down a cab. We eventually escaped in one piece, but it was dangerous times in the city!
- Kevin Gregg should not only NOT be the Cubs closer, he should probably not even have a job in the majors. Sweet Lou put him in on Saturday with a 4-0 lead and he promptly gave up two solo homers, and a few hits and coughed up four runs before getting taken out. Luckily, the Cubs did come back in the bottom of the ninth to win the game, but c'mon Gregg. I'm trying to think of a reliever I trust less than Kevin Gregg in the majors... still thinking...
- Still thinking...
- The Magic and Lakers both advanced to the next round of the playoffs... Great. Let me save everyone the suspense. The Cavs are going to win the championship. They have the best player and the best team. These are not Mark Price's Cavs- they are definitely winning rings. [sidenote: The Magic is actually a tough match up for them, but they are still going to win.]
- I watched the semi-finals and final of the Heads Up Poker Championship on Sunday. Huck Seed played some "big boy poker." His match against Sammy Farha was mentally draining and it was amazing that he was able to come back and beat Vanessa Rousso in the final. That guy earned a lot of respect by going through the field of great players.
- It is freaking hot in Sacramento! Well, probably all of California- but we really need to get our AC fixed! This is torture!
So that's about it for today, have a great Monday and good luck getting through the daily grind. These weekends are over way too quickly...