Back to work... well as they say, all good things come to an end. But not to fear, it had to happen in order to make way for such things as my bachelor party, wedding and honeymoon. As I ease back into the work force, here are some quick things I'll mention:
- The Cubs are back in first place. Let me say that again... THE CUBS ARE BACK IN FIRST PLACE. They are hard to watch. Can barely score runs. Haven't made a big splash on the trade market. In fact, they made their team worse in the offseason. They've been injured. And despite all that- they are in first place. If they can work things out, watch out folks. Oh, how I'd love to see the Cardinals trades for Mark DeRosa and Matt Holliday ultimately mean nothing! That would be so sweet!
- Playing two nights in a row for 4 hours each night is difficult! I accomplished that feat this past Friday and Saturday while playing at the Pyramid Alehouse in Walnut Creek. I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but I definitely could feel my voice short out a bit during the Saturday show. I still think it sounded alright, but it forced me to expend more energy than normal and by the end of the show, I was beat. I did have a great time and I'm looking forward to making it back there August 12 and 21!
- Speaking of my shows, on Saturday, there was a girl in the crowd that was one year older than me in high school. I'm not sure I've ever talked to her, but she was one of those girls was super hot and seemed untouchable to a large majority of the rest of the high school. Anyway, she was there with her boyfriend, and I'm not sure I even recognized her right away. Before leaving she went up to my friend John, and said, "Hey, tell Tony he's awesome and that I totally remember him from the high school days." When John told me that during a break, we both had to laugh about it. He said, "Too bad you can't go back in time and tell that to 10th grade Tony." Indeed.
- The strip of highway between Sacramento and Davis is called "The Causeway." It's essentially a straight road that travels just above the wildlife preserve that engulfs it on either side. I've often wondered why there is ever traffic on this stretch of freeway. Just drive straight!!! That's all you have to do!!! There was traffic on Friday when I brought my car in and I have no idea why. It's one of the worst things about living in Sacramento and working Davis. [Update: Awful traffic this morning coming to work as well. Looks like someone fell off their motorcycle and that required and ambulance, two police cruisers, and two firetrucks. Once again, just drive straight!]
- I loved Entourage last night. Ari's lecture to Turtle was actually pretty inspiring... maybe I need to get off my ass as well...
That's all I've got today, be back tomorrow with more tales of wonderment.