Michael Jackson is dead. Steve McNair is dead. Billy Freakin' Mays is dead! Tragic as these deaths are to many, none of these celebrities are folks that I have massive stories about how they've inspired me. Instead, I have a few random thoughts to share before calling it a job (semi) well done.
- It's been exactly one year since I asked Future Mrs. B. to marry me! I've been really pleased with our long engagement. It's given us time to get all the wedding details in order and not kill each other in the process. For anyone who has planned/had their wedding, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Getting everything in order is expensive, time consuming, and somewhat stressful. But it also will all be worth it when it all comes together!
- I went to the Sacramento Zoo yesterday for the first time. I tagged along with FMB and her (my future) niece (who is almost five.) While the Sacramento Zoo is definitely not the biggest or nicest zoo I've ever been to, I was shocked at how close we were able to see some of the animals. We saw a Red Panda, two Snow Leopards, Giraffes, and two Lions all at ridiculously close range. The highlight had to be when one Lion came right up to the cage and went back and forth a few times. He stopped to make eye contact and then lazily walked away. Once he was a few steps away from the cage, he let out a good sized roar. Definitely a great experience to see up close!
- The Cubs couldn't get it done against the Braves. The Braves hadn't won a game at Wrigley in a few years, so I guess they were bound to pull one win out of their hats, but that better be it! We can't have Braves fans tomahawk chopping all over the Friendly Confines!
- The Giants are the most ridiculous team. Their pitching is unreal. Even Barry Zito decided to get in the mix yesterday by pitching 8.1 innings of scoreless ball against the evil Florida Marlins. It's hard to buy into them as a legitamite contender based on their hitting, but as "they" say, good pitching beats good hitting. I'd also like to encourage everyone to vote for Pablo Sandoval for the last spot on the NL All Star Team. He 100% deserves it and he is fun to watch! You won't regret voting him into the Mid-Summer Classic. As also has a new theme song they played on KNBR this morning. It's to the tune of "All Night Long" by Lionel Ritchie. "San-do-val!"
- If you watched the commercial I linked just above this, I'd also like to point out that I saw Lemurs at the zoo that look awfully similar to the ones in that clip!
- I'm working on a new music project with my junior year high school Social Studies teacher. He has a lot of lyrics that he's written over the years, but no music for them, so that's where I come in. So far, I have two songs completed (one is more complete than the other, but I digress.) It makes me feel a little like Wilco when they were taking old Woody Guthrie lyrics and putting them to music. I'm excited to record some demos and if they sound good enough, I'll post them somewhere (who knows, maybe even here!)
That's all for this Wednesday... almost... on... vacation...