That was an interesting weekend to say the least. It started with me playing from 9:30pm-12:45 at the Boxing Donkey in Roseville. The show was a fundraiser for juvenile diabetes, and I think we did pretty well!
I drove home, went to bed, woke up, and was in Vacaville to start playing again at 9am. This was a tough turnaround, but it seemed to work out fairly well. Once I was finished at 10:30-ish, Future Mrs. B. and I went to San Francisco to pick up our wedding rings. They were perfectly done by Edwards Jewelers. They've been awesome during the whole process (I also got FMB's engagement ring there.)
After returning home, FMB and I took one of the greatest naps of all time. If I had to guess, I would say it was from 3:30 to 7:30. It was well deserved after two shows and running a quick errand in SF.
After napping like a champion, and checking on some college football scores (I care even less this week than the last) it was eventually bedtime to prepare for NFL Week 2:
- What can I say about the Bears? Their field was torn up, they were reeling from last week's loss to the Packers, they have many injuries on both sides of the ball, and they beat the defending Super Bowl Champs? What an awesome game! Granted, they were helped by Jeff Reed doing his best Jay Feely impersonation. Not one, but two missed field goals by the Steelers kicker? Yikes. Jay Culter looked much more in control as he did not turn the ball over at all. This may not be a lost season after all...
- I was listening to the national radio broadcast of the Bears game, and when Matt Forte fumbled and Greg Olsen recovered, the announcer said, "Matt Forte owes Greg Olsen a Samuel Adams Lager!" First off, Sam Adams is horrible. Second, what ridiculous product placement within the game! I hope Sam Adams paid him/the radio station a pretty penny for that one!
- The San Francisco Mike Singeltaries look fundamentally sound. They look like men on the field. They are, dare I say it, contenders. That might be a stretch at this point, but I'm sold on them winning their terrible NFC West. I've been impressed with the poise they show, and how can you not be impressed by Frank Gore? His second TD run was even more impressive than the first!
- Hey, Tony Romo- just because T.O. is gone doesn't mean you're going to throw for career highs in yards every game. In fact, it's not every week that you get to face Tampa Bay. When facing a good team this week, you threw 3 picks and lost the home opener in your new stadium. Oops!
- The Raiders won? Cool, I guess. They didn't look all that impressive doing it, though.
- Oh, Tom Brady. I'm a moron for picking you over Drew Brees in one of my fantasy leagues. Were you that affected by Wes Welker not playing this week? How in the world do you let Matt Sanchez and the Jets knock you off like that? It's questions like these that I can't answer.
- Speaking of my fantasy teams, it is a requirement that the person I play against (in one league) must have a running back go for 35+ points. Week one, Adrian Peterson. Week two, Frank Gore. This is just getting silly.
- Am I excited for the Colts vs. the Dolphins tonight? Nope. Not at all. Colts by 14. Should be boring.
I'm just really excited that the Bears pulled out a victory this week. It shows that they are resilient and probably ready to man-handle Seattle next week.
Lastly, goodbye Milton Bradley. I'm convinced that you are the reason the Cubs tanked this year. Whether it was with your terrible stats or your bad attitude, you get to own the futility of the Cubs this year. Enjoy your suspension and I hope the Cubs find a way to sue you and get your contract money back.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday, assuming you don't have Milton Bradley's contract on your books...