So I'm headed to Sin City tomorrow for my buddy's bachelor party, and the early returns say it's going to be a great time.
We have extremely outlandish custom t-shirts:
We are more than likely going to PURE on Saturday where the incomparable Mr. Boombastic Shaggy will be performing (God, I hope this happens!)
We are staying at a savage suite in Mandalay Bay.
I haven't been to Vegas in over 3 years, so I'm definitely looking to have a great time.
But let's catch up with the what else I've been doing since getting back from Jamaica...
- Due to technical difficulties at the venue, I was not able to play my show at the Boxing Donkey on Saturday. I showed up, set up, and then the amp that runs the venue's sound was cutting in and out. Being that they are extremely well run, I was still paid, but I was bummed to not get to play. I need to get some of you Sacramento/Davis folks to come up to Roseville to hang out. The Boxing Donkey is a great place to hang out, eat, and drink cocktails until your drunk enough to fight a guy wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt.
- I've been playing the Wii a lot. Between Beatles Rockband and Wii Fit, I don't have much time for anything else. I am getting quite a legitimate workout with Wii Fit, and I'm not sure if that means it's a good program or if I'm horribly out of shape. I have a feeling it's somewhere in the middle.
- I found time to play some poker online at Full Tilt. Before the wedding, I turned $30 into $214+. I cashed out $200 to pay for some wedding expenses, so I was left with just over $14. The other night I bought into a cash game for $10. It slowly dwindled to $8 and I got involved in a hand with some Russian dude. The betting was sizable relative to my $8 stack and I was on a draw. By the turn I had a double belly buster straight, with a flush possibility. In other words, a lot of cards could help me. I called whatever the Russian bet and hit my straight on the river. I completely doubled through him and he was irate. "Kill yourself," he told me at least 5 times. He went on about how much I suck and blah, blah, blah. I needled him a couple times, but then eventually said, "This is ridiculous, it's over $8." One of the other players told him to chill out and then said, "From Russia with love."
Anyway, I cashed out with $22 in the end, then bought into two $10 sit and go's (9 person tournaments.) I got second in both, so all of a sudden, I have $54 in my account. Not too shabby.
- Hey! The Phillies won the NLCS... aaaaaaaaaaand nobody cares.
- Most entertaining story since getting back? No it's not the fake balloon/attict boy. It has to be: ESPN's dark sexual underbelly. What the hell is going on over at the Mothership? It's like a damn bath-house/brothel over there. I'm now creating a new goal besides keeping my future hypothetical daughter off the pole- she will also not be allowed to be an intern at ESPN!
I'm unsure if there will be a post tomorrow, but I'll try to squeeze one out. Oh, and if there are any folks with College Football bets I should get in on, let me know. I don't usually bet on College Football, but since I'm in Vegas on a Saturday, advice would be appreciated.