That weekend went by way too fast. It was the Kaiser Soze of weekends. Let's review:
- I'm sick of Tiger Woods. I don't know why, but a lot of times I judge celebrities on a scale of how I think I would perform in a certain situation and go from there. For example, if I go to see a comedian live, and as I'm watching him I realize that the conversation during dinner before the show was funnier, then I obviously would not think highly of that comedian. With Tiger, I am 100% sure I'm a better public speaker than him, and everything he says comes off hollow and controlling. This might be excusable, but he also went to "the Harvard of the West" (nooo, not Stansbury- I'm talking about Stanford!)
He wasn't speaking from the heart, he was speaking from the "I need to find a way to get my ass out of this trouble!" portion of his brain and those are two very different things. Be genuine (very different from Ginuine- do NOT ride that pony, Tiger!) in the apology, open up a bit, or honestly, just win more major championships and everyone will forgive you, Tiger.
- Saturday was pretty productive. Mrs. B.'s mom brought her zillion dollar vacuum over and helped us steam clean our carpet. It's shocking how much crap came up into the tray where the foam collects on this model of vacuum. Apparently our carpet has been half cat fur for the last year. The good news is that we were doing this in an attempt to clean up for our new couch which is damn comfortable (even if it does dominate our entire apartment.)
- Later that night, I played for a packed house at the Boxing Donkey in Roseville. Do I know how to play "Poker Face" on the acoustic guitar? Yes. Am I proud of this? Not particularly. DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD KNOW EVERY LADY GAGA SONG IN ADDITION TO "POKER FACE?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, IT DOES NOT. I suppose I opened up this can of worms, but seriously, it's unrealistic to expect me to know all the Lady GaGa songs. Now if we're talking about "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha... Just kidding.
In all seriousness, it was a really fun show, though four hour shows do take a lot out of me. Three hour shows seem to be the "Baby Bear's Bed" of shows. Four hours is pretty tough to pull off, though it seems that I've proven it is do-able.
- Sunday was reserved for finishing up the record. Dusty Miller came in to lay down some bass tracks and they sound great! He helped out with songs "As You Wish," "This Time Around," "Second Rate Song," and "50 Stories." I was really impressed with his playing and hopefully we'll have a few full band shows when the album is released.
- Is it just me, or is the Cleveland Show really funny? I figured it would be a lame spin off when it was announced, but it seems to have more new episodes that Family Guy and many weeks it is actually funnier. I'm not sure it can keep that up, but I've been impressed thus far.
Baseball is upon us, and I'm excited! I'm not even sure the Cubs will be that great this year, but there's always hope that the prediction from Back to the Future II will be correct. What year did they go to the future in that movie? 2015? Hover boards, my ass.