Nothing too much to report on this fine day off. Here are the quick important points:
- I did literally nothing after work on Friday unless you count having a "Las Vegas" re-run marathon as something? Right- so I did nothing. Vanessa Marcil is super hot.
- Saturday I started learning a few new covers. Over the last five shows, I've had "Hallelujah" requested at least three times. I figured it was time for me to learn it. Also, I learned "This Town" by O.A.R. and still looking for some other new ones to get after. Your requests/suggestions are always appreciated.
- Sunday was pretty low key- besides me going to open for Grammy winner Gretchen Peters in Vacaville. In fact, another great singer/songwriter Cindy Alexander was on before me so it was a great day of music. I had a quick 45 minute set where I played 10 originals (all from the new album.) The set up was legit. The stage was awesome, the sound was awesome, and the people were awesome. Great day!
- Mrs. B. and I went to our usual Sunday night outing to Chili's (it's not a real tradition, though it seems like we go there often on Sundays.) We go to the Natomas location which I will state right here, officially, that it is the best Chili's in the world. The service is consistent and food is great. Excellent work off of Truxel.
- Still waiting on the results from the "Be The High Roller" contest. I'll definitely update that when I find out the result. Cross your fingers for me!
Have a great Labor Day everyone- see you tomorrow!