I'm sneaking a post in here. My computer is still indeed dead, but I'm going to bring it to a place in the hopes of resurrecting it. Let's get caught up:
- I went to my friend's brother's funeral yesterday. I'm very glad I went to support him and his family. It was good to see other folks I hadn't seen in awhile even though the circumstance was less than ideal. It was a tough day, but the service was positive and I really enjoyed the words of remembrance my friend said at the church. It was a great mix of seriousness, humor and emotion.
- My love for the Scorpion King will never die. I know I've mentioned this on the blog before, but my group of friends that were at the funeral yesterday gave me more heat at the reception for "loving the Scorpion King" because I said it was entertaining back in 2001. I admit I was a soft movie critic back then, and I'm now more likely to rip a movie I don't like. The Scorpion King is a BAD movie, but as one of my friends said yesterday, "Tony, you might as well embrace it- we're going to mention this every time we get together in a large group." He's right. From this day forward, my favorite movie of all time is the Scorpion King- followed closely by Jurassic Park 3. I can't believe The Rock didn't win an Oscar for his performance in SK- what a powerful actor that guy is!
- Mark Sanchez dated/is dating?/hooked up with a 17 year old? Yikes. With his USC allegation and now this cropping up, we might have a pattern here. I'm not sure if this is a function of QBs getting more out of hand or the media/public just being able to find out more information on guys. I'm sure many athletes throughout history have done shady things, but the public didn't have access to finding things out as easily. If Sanchez keeps winning, he'll be ok, but I do recommend he cools it with the young'uns. Roman Polanski is a great director but there's a good reason he's not allowed in the US, if you know what I'm sayin'.
- New Foo Fighters album was played live by the band- LISTEN HERE! Still my pick for the Super Bowl halftime show- well, that and Damon Bruce's suggestion of Frisbee catching dogs. Who could hate that?
- Sorry about the lack of quality here. It feels like personal and professional avalanches have fallen upon me, but when looking at everything, I don't have it that bad. Going to a funeral really puts thing in perspective. Daily stresses sometimes make us forget that, in general, our lives aren't that bad. It also helped give me a kick in the pants to live with a bit more of a sense of urgency, which is helpful.
Enjoy the day and I'll work on making up for this lack-luster week. Pitchers and catchers report on Sunday... awwwww yeah!