Once again, I break down music where I'm not totally an expert. However, worst case scenario, one of these fantastic songs gets in your head and you are transported back to a day when the WWE was the WWF and when college basketball featured quality decision making. Those days are behind us, but let's bring them back in a small way:
5) Motownphilly by Boys II Men - As far as catchy songs go, this one is goes down in history as one of the most accessible pop songs ever. Boys II Men has fantastic harmonies and this song highlights their more upbeat style. I prefer this song over the "I'm going to slit my wrist at a middle school dance" tempo of "Water Runs Dry" or something like that.
4) Bump & Grind by R. Kelly - If you thought you would escape this list without an R. Kelly song, you were sorely mistaken. This is the original single that jettisoned Robert's career into the mainstream and allowed him to fornicate with young girls without getting in trouble. As you can see, it's a sweet jam.
3) Pony by Ginuwine - Now this is what I call a slow jam! Most of the songs on this list are pretty dirty. Apparently that's how I like my 90s R&B... dirty, hot and sticky. That last sentence was gross, but I'm not deleting it.
2) Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison - This song reminds me of my bachelor party. After going paint-balling while completely hung over at some crazy-ass warehouse somewhere in or near Reno, we were driven back to the Peppermill in a shuttle by one of the paint ball guys who had a curly mullet and kept saying "all that jazzy stuff." This song came on the radio and it made any thought of vomiting or passing out not an option. What a fantastic groove!
1) This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan - This song is unstoppable. I don't think it is possible to get sick of this song. I can't think of one time this song ever came on and I thought, "Ugh, I wish this wasn't on." That just doesn't happen. Montell is now a big G- the girls see he's got the money- hundred dollar bills ya'll!
What do you think? Are you mad that I didn't include any female vocalist songs like "Push It" or "Creep?" Too bad! Those songs aren't as good as my Top 5. How about "Poison" by Bel Biv Devoe? It barely missed the cut. I stand by the list- these jams get it done 100% of the time.