Monday, May 16, 2011

A Case of the Mondays

As some of you folks who also use Blogger might know, Blogger was not working on Friday, so that's why there was no post. I'm sure by the time it was working there was no way I was going to be able to get something up as I was running around getting set up for my band's gig at Raley Field. I'm getting ahead of myself...

Friday - Brewfest:

My band (going under the moniker of 50 Stories) played a sweet gig at Raley Field on Friday. It was for the River Cats' annual Brewfest event. Essentially, they set up a stage for us on the 1st base side of the concourse and we played almost all the tunes from "This Time Around." 40+ Brewers set up shop and gave out tasters to the 2,000+ people who attended. It was a blast.

Since I play a ridiculous amount of solo shows, it is SO nice to play my original material with the full band. We need to do it more often! It was so great to let loose and play electric guitar. I can't say enough great things about Dusty, Karl and Bart (bass, guitar, drums, respectively.) They did a great job and juggling all of our schedules to make it work was a chore in and of itself. So grateful that it worked out.

I really appreciate everyone who came out as well. I had many friends there as well as supportive strangers who were rocking out (I'm sure the beer had NOTHING to do with that!) All and all, I'd like to thank the River Cats for having us as we had a fantastic time.


Playing multiple sets (6pm-10pm) at a baseball field does take its toll on the body. Upon waking up, I was short on breath because my lungs had been taking in substantial amounts of dust while singing the night before. I made an effort to sleep in as long as possible so my body could heal. In the early afternoon, it was off to Katrina and John's to celebrate John's birthday.

We went with K&J to their hometown of Stockton for a birthday meal at Dante's. This place was legit. Some of the best pizza I've had in awhile. I would highly recommend it to anyone who happens to find themselves in Stockton.

When we were leaving the restaurant, John and I saw a guy in the parking lot doing wheelies and almost losing control of his motorcycle. Concerned about getting hit with a projectile cycle, we stepped behind building pillars and complained about the guy being an idiot. Then we heard a mild crash and realized the guy had dumped his bike. Serves that guy right! A group of his dumb friends gathered around him, some video taping, so we just left the scene. Nothing to see there. I did search for it on YouTube, but with no luck.


I'm only talking about the Bulls game here. In fact, I'm not sure I even need to talk about the game as much as I just want to post this video:

What's that? You liked the other one better? Ok, here's that one:

Unreal. The Bulls really took control of Game 1 in the second half. I hope this continues. I'm sure the Heat will make some adjustments, but Game 1 was quite encouraging for Bulls fans. Especially after struggling a bit against the Pacers and Hawks.


I'm not going to lie, the pain of losing our opportunity to buy a home (and not just any home, the exact home we wanted) is still seething within both Mrs. B. and me. However, this opens up the future with possibilities. It's a scary and exciting time. I'm sure you'll get updates on our life progress right here. Until then, enjoy your Monday.


GMoney said...

Motorcyclist = Kellen Winslow, Jr.

As hard as it may be, trust me on this, you need to get over that house. She$ and I had the same feelings about the initial house that we bid on but circumstances outside of our control made it not to be (goddamn lazy realtor and stupid seller living in Japan). It sucks balls but you've got to move on.

Tony B. said...

LOL on Kellen Winslow, Jr. He's a soldja!

I totally agree. I was telling Mrs. B. that very same thing (not your story, just that we need to get over it) over the weekend. Now I have even more back up using the Money Mansion as a reference.